Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kinzie Street Gaggle Crossing

So I was walking back to my place from the River North Sports Authority when I came across a strange traffic jam. The Kinzie St. bridge was backed up in both directions. Upon closer inspection, I observed a couple of dudes standing in the middle of the road coaxing two geese and their ridiculous amount of chicks out of harms way.

These brave men were unsuccessful for a solid minute or two, but the retarded birds did eventually decide to head for the water.

I didn't have my camera, unfortunately, and the above image is an approximation of what the chicks would have looked like if half of them were hanging out in a sunny pond area somewhere. I'm blogging about this crap because this was the first traffic jam in the city I've ever witnessed that did not feature a single honked horn.

Traffic backs up because of pedestrians in the crosswalk? *HOOOOOOOOOONK!!!!1!*

Traffic backs up because of cute little goose chiclets? "Aww...."

No comments:

Post a Comment