Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blogging on the Weekend

I never blog weekends. Here's a picture I took with my new camera.
Here you see Paul and my bikes and helmets in front of my living room window. I just noticed this morning that the helmets appear to be locking horns, like if cyclists went head-to-head in the Monday Night Football intro video.

Here's a pic I took with my old camera of my new watch.

I got it from TokyoFlash.com. I oftentimes enjoy scrolling through the new watches and play a little game wherein I attempt to figure out how to tell the time without looking through the user manuals.

It's the hardest game ever.

These watches are really more conversation pieces than time pieces. I've had this thing for more than a month, and I think I've accessed it for the purpose of telling time approximately thrice. I just like the fact that between 6pm and 1am the whole face lights up in a spiral pattern every two minutes. Kind of annoying in a movie theater, but pretty cool at parties.

Oh, I just beat Braid this weekend.
It's a short little downloadable arcade game on XBL. It's like Super Mario Bros. meets Donkey Kong meets Prince of Persia: Sands of Time meets assorted hallucinogenic substances. It's not often I finish a game and feel the need to read a plot analysis in an attempt to come to terms with what the hell just happened.

Luckily for non-Xbox types there's a PC version coming out soon for $15. It's incredibly worth it. Braid is the most rewarding and enjoyable puzzle game / platformer I've played since Portal.

4 comments:

  1. I'll defiantly be picking up braid when it comes to PC

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you will not be disappointed. The time manipulation is a wondrous mind-fuck. In the meantime, you should my KZ2 clan. It has one member. Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duuuuuuuuuuddde, that sounds rad, I love Killzone online is so much fun. Invite me, or whatever to your clan haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm out of town for a couple of days, but I think you can search for my clan tag: [wEnr].

    ReplyDelete