Monday, February 2, 2009

Soooooooooperbowl!!

It's nice when a championship game is actually a good one. I always find myself pulling for the underdog when I don't have any real stake in the game, which has led to a long, sad history of disappointing losses by teams I previously cared nothing about. Oh well. At least I had the Giants last year.

Am I the only one who thinks the commercials were certifiably terrible this year? You know the economy is in bad shape when the majority of Superbowl commercials were just ads for the host network's own programs. Luckily, there was a good careerbuilder.com spot and this instant classic from Bud Light:



Conan, may you live long and prosper, sir. Here's hoping that quasi-late night comedy enters a new era come April when you bump The Chin out of position. I eagerly await the day when the Masturbating Bear, the FedEx Pope, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, and Cameltoe Annie can stand hand-in-hand on previously benign, pre-11:30PM televisions across the country, and sing:

"Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

No comments:

Post a Comment