Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some Fourth of July Madness

My 4th wasn't too exciting, really. I spent the vast majority of it moving into a new apartment near the University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC). It's about a mile southwest of the loop, but it's quieter, trains don't wage war on my fragile eardrums every five minutes, and, most importantly, I have a parking spot to call my own. There's really no way to accurately express how much that means to me.

Anyway, I did manage to have a bit of fun in the 'burbs with some workies. I'm talking Naperville Ribfest 2009, y'all. Surprisingly, it kicked the living crap out of the Taste of Chicago, which was simulcasting in the Chi's Grant Park. Highlights included beer, ribs, and some country artist covering Dolly Parton's "Jolene," which was good enough for me to say "That's not bad," but not good enough to keep me from saying "Man, I want to hear the White Stripes version" or to keep me from bailing halfway through to pwn a portalav.

I should note for potential copyright purposes that the vast majority of these photos were taken by a collegue of mine, whose credentials are available upon request.
Behold the tent of the festival's top purveyor of pork meat.

I had issues spilling my vital fluids, so I had to take matters into my own hands.
Hey ladies!
I thwarted this cadre of 12 year olds looking for donations. Chief was not so lucky.
I think this is going to be my pose. Like Zoolander's Blue Steel, but much less versatile.
Sucking it in after dominance of all things greasy and delicious.
I vaguely remember doing this, but have no recollection why...
Yeah, so... found these on the ground...
Having fun at the after party!
I don't remember if that's beer or water in the cup. But I do know that's a Great Dane on my lap. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment